About the Book:
This is the extensively revised edition of the classic book that presented the author's discovery of an astronomical code in the organization of the Rgveda. This code has changed our understanding of the Vedic system of knowledge, rise of earliest astronomy, history of science, and the chronology of ancient India. The work was first reported in a series of journal articles; this book brings together these discoveries between the same two covers for the first time. Some comments on this work:
About the Author:
- I had suspected for long that there was something to the Rgveda which went far beyond what our philology and history could read out. Here it is!… [This is an] epoch-making discovery
- Professor of Klaus K. Klostermaiser, University of Manitoba
- Truly singular achievement…
- Professor Miguel de Mora, National Autonomous University of Mexico
- It has been shown that the numbering of the hymns in the books of Rgveda reflects the number of bricks used for building the fire altar as indicated in the Satapatha Brahmana… A monumental accomplishment.
- David Frawley, Director, American Institute of Vedic Studies, Santa Fe, New Mexico
- This code elegantly and effortlessly makes sense of [many] peculiarities of the Vedic tradition.
- Bjorn Merker, Vedic scholar, Helsingborg, Sweden
Subhash Kak is a widely known scientist and Indologist. Currently a professor of electrical and computer engineering at the Louisiana State University at Baton Rogue. He has authored ten books and more than 200 papers in various fields. Apart from his work on Indian astronomy, he has researched linguistics, Vedic science and history.
- The Context of Vedic Studies
- Chronology of the Vedic Texts
- Astronomy of the Fire Altars
- The Architecture of the Rgveda
- The Rgvedic Code
- The Code in the Atharvaveda
- On the Distance to the Sun
- The Asymmetric Circuit of the Sun
- The Vedanga Jyotisa
- The Cosmology of the Puranas
- The Spread of Vedic Ideas
Item Code: IDD819
Publisher: Munshiram Manoharlal Publishers Pvt. Ltd.
Size: 9.9" X 6.5"